About this event:
Come and have a go at the Hestercombe Woodland Wander and Doggy Dash – 5km and 2km fun runs on Sunday, March 17 at 9.30am. No times, no pressure – it’s all about getting active and having fun. This event is held in partnership with 1610.
It’s also great for dog lovers as the event is open to your four-legged friends who can run alongside you on a lead. There will be medals at the finish line and tasty treats and water for the doggies.
5km Fun Run/Walk
The 5km route through the beautiful woodland surroundings of Hestercombe is great for beginners and those running for the first time. It’s cross country so some of the hills are a little challenging, but it’s all good fun. It’s perfect for people thinking about entering a 10km run but looking for something smaller to build their confidence. For those that prefer a slower pace, why not come along and walk the route – a great opportunity to make the most of the peaceful woodland and lake views.
2km Fun Run/Walk
The 2km Fun Run is brilliant for kids and families and those who want to have fun and have a go. We advise that any children under 12 should be accompanied by an adult.
– Registration opens at 8.30am on the lawn in front of Hestercombe House ready for a 9.30am race start.
– 5km Fun Run/Walk is £12 entry per person (early bird tickets: £10)
– 2km Fun Run/Walk is £5 entry per person or £15 for a family of four (early bird tickets: £4 per person/£12 family)
– Medals for all finishers and treats for the dogs
– As both runs are cross country we recommend sturdy trainers
– The Stables Café will be open from 10am so runners and spectators can grab a drink or a bite to eat (dogs welcome in the Café) after the race.
Part of the 1610 Race Series
The Hestercombe Woodland Wander is part of the 1610 Race Series, consisting of three 10km races, a family 5km and a sprint triathlon which are all located across the counties of Somerset and Dorset.
TAUNTON – Hestercombe Gardens
March 17 / 9.30am